By Mettler Toledo CE |
When it comes to gas measurement, the use of Tunable Diode Laser (TDL) gas sensors is becoming more and more common in industrial processes. This is because they measure directly in the process gas stream without drift or cross-interference, and are far more economical to purchase, install and maintain than other gas analyzer types.
To this robust technology METTLER TOLEDO has added additional valuable benefits, including easier installation, process adaptions for measurement point flexibility, and diagnostics that tell operators when the sensor’s optics should be cleaned.
What are the reasons behind the switch?
• Too much investment in inventory such as sensing elements, filters, pumps, gaskets, and calibration gases
• High installation costs of cross-stack TDLs
• Excessive time spent on servicing
• Need for installation in harsh chemical process environments
• Problems with meeting audit requirements and standards
"Five Reasons Why Chemical Companies Are Switching to the GPro 500 TDL Gas Analyzer" provides the answers to all these gas measurement and maintenance problems.
Watch the video: In Situ, Tunable Diode Laser Gas Analyzers: Rethinking Gas Analytics
Most TDL sensors are comprised of two parts: the laser source unit and a receiving/analyzing unit. These parts must be installed directly opposite each other, which is not always easy and misalignment can often occur. As shown in the video, METTLER TOLEDO's GPro 500 series solves this by combining both parts in a single unit. A probe attached to the GPro 500 sensor protrudes into the gas stream. A three-sided mirror at the end of the probe directs the beam back through the probe to the receiver, so alignment is always perfect.
The sensor series is available with a wide range of different probes and adaptions that allow the GPro 500 to be installed wherever required in a process. These include:
• a probe with a filter to prevent dust ingress
• a wafer probe for narrow pipes (down to 2”)
• an extractive cell for use with sampling and conditioning systems
• a white cell for trace level detection
See the whole range at: https://www.mt.com/GPro500
Visit METTLER TOLEDO Process and Analytics website: https://www.mt.com/pro
Find METTLER TOLEDO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mettlertoledo