By Nol Tec Systems |
Carbon black can be very difficult to handle in your production process, susceptible to breakage and degradation of particle sizes. This breakage into “fines” can undermine your mixer’s performance, as well as waste your product. Nol-Tec’s dense phase conveying with Air Assist© technology controls the convey velocity to give you virtually undetectable product breakage, which enhances your production capabilities and keeps product waste to a minimum.
Addition of Additives
Your product’s quality depends on the accurate addition of your specific additive ingredients. As your production demands grow, it is important to maintain the accuracy, while increasing the speed and efficiency of the material addition. Nol-Tec has developed automation standards to ensure your formulas are exact.
- Very tight tolerances, correct down to the last decimal point
- PLC code, HMI stations, and mechanical designs focus on precise and dependable high speed automation
- User-friendly recipe builders and download screens
Your team can have the confidence that they’re getting the formula right, the first time.
Carbon black and silica can both present real hazards for your plant, your workers, and your community. In addition to these hazards, cross contamination of materials can negatively impact the quality of your end product. You need a system that addresses all of these concerns, throughout your process. The fully enclosed pneumatic conveying systems that Nol-Tec designs offer you:
- Dense phase pneumatic conveying. Dense phase conveying controls the convey velocity of your system. So materials move gently, minimizing friction and breakage.
- Complete containment of the bulk materials. Fully enclosed conveying prevents poor air quality through dusting and any cross contamination between materials as the product is conveyed. And a clean work environment minimizes explosion potential, as well as eases plant “housekeeping.”
- Explosion resistant design. Our system designs help prevent explosions of carbon black. Because they do not require a high volume air pulse to clean the convey lines, hazardous fines are not created. By eliminating this cleaning purge, we remove the risks that fines can bring.
Smooth Flow of Materials
Amorphous silica and carbon black can be susceptible to plugging in pneumatic conveying lines, due to particle size variety and texture of the materials. To keep your production levels high, your ystem must meet your specific product needs. Nol-Tec bases their practical designs on customized testing, to ensure your system will work properly with your materials. We also design our Air Assist technology placement to guarantee your bulk materials don’t hang up within the convey line.
As your business grows and customer demands change, you need to ability to respond quickly and efficiently. You need a system that can be scaled up without a lot of production delays. Nol-Tec designs your system to allow for the addition of in-line components, such as mixers and blenders, so you can add production capacity quickly. With our time and industry tested designs, we can meet your specifications for plant footprint, distances, and tonnage.